Stone Wing is a redux of the 1980's isometric puzzle adventure game Knight Lore.
The objective of the game is to find the requested items by exploring the castle, and delivering them in correct order, within 10 days. The in-game day night cycle changes the player's movement abilities: during the night, the player moves slower and jumps lower, but has the ability to climb certain walls.
- Mission Design: To prevent Knight Lore's randomized search-and-combine quest, I created an onboarding sequence with a riddle for players to solve.
- Puzzle Design: I divided the castle in 4 puzzle sections, each with their own layer of difficulty for players to decide their own pacing. Each section leads players back to the objective well. I created 3 puzzle sections leading to the Potion, Jelly and Sack items, respectively increasing in difficulty.
- Production: The responsibility of planning development deadlines, presenting to teachers on a bi-weekly basis, and establishing the game vision.
- Unity and C# development skills
- Collectively establishing game vision
- Identification and iteration of existing game mechanics and dynamics
- Prioritizing the iteration of mechanics: the isometric control scheme could have been replaced by more modern standards during concepting.
- In-world onboarding for mechanics and controls.